Friday, October 22, 2010

"I'm bringing sexy . . . I mean, domestic back . . . "

Hey all, this is Nicky.  Welcome to my first blogpost!

I've always said I was born in the wrong era, and in an time of modern conveniences: hamburger helper, the microwave, and the remote control, Crys and I are bringing domestic back (and doing it in style, if I do say so myself!).

Now, I'll freely admit I can't do this with HALF the style and grace that I'm sure my Memaw had in her younger years.  Who are we kidding?  When I bake, it looks like a flour bomb exploded in my kitchen, and all over me!  The most used tool in my sewing kit is my seam ripper, and on my current knitting project I had to undo and restart it 3 times before I got it going correctly. 

So maybe it's a new era of Sally Homemakers . . . it's the MODERN Sally Homemaker . . . where trial and error rule, where we spend just as much time cleaning up from our domestic exploits as the exploits themselves, where everything is made better with a glass (or bottle) of wine, and we learn to integrate just a handful of some of the modern day conveniences that, despite our love for handmade, scratch, and elbow grease, we just can't seem to live without (like my kitchen aid mixer, for one . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment